Toothpaste for Receding Gums… hard to find!

Best Toothpaste For Receding Gums

What kind of toothpaste can treat receding gums?

Cherry from Wisconsin:

I’m having serious issues with my gums and may be facing gum surgery in the near future if I’m unable to correct the problem.  I’ve searched for toothpaste that could possibly help reverse some of the damage, but I’ve been unsuccessful in finding a good toothpaste for receding gums.  Any suggestions.  Thanks Cherry

Let’s face the facts, all toothpaste isn’t created equally and finding the right toothpaste for receding gums can be challenging.  You’ve probably notice that most of the popular brands aren’t effective for correcting the problem.

Why is this?

Well… most store-bought toothpaste works as a preventive agent — so as long as gum disease hasn’t occurred you’re perfectly find using the toothpaste from your local grocery store.  However, regular toothpaste  must be accompanied with flossing, and flossing is usually neglected causing blood to appear along the gum-line.

This is the first sign of gum disease, and when left unattended, bleeding gums progress into advanced gum disease, a.k.a periodontitis.

Cherry… if you’re gum problems are in an advanced state, surgery may be your only option, regardless of your situation, you still may need a good anti-bacterial toothpaste to compliment the surgery.

On the other hand, if you were able to catch the problem early you may be able to reverse receding gums by using a good anti-bacterial toothpaste followed up with a good anti-bacterial mouthwash and regular flossing.

Try to Google:  “Healthy Mouth” — an All Natural Tooth Gel with CoQ10. Hope this helps.

Best answer:

Flossing regularly will help more than using some sort of natural toothpaste.

Leave your own answer in the comments!  Your contribution will help others.

Like it.? Share it:
  • Lesley M

    Use only Sensodyne! If your gums are too far gone, you’re need surgery!

  • ldyjsmyn

    If your gums are receding you should consult your dentist. The type of toothpaste does not change that problem and it could be something more serious.

  • Nicole R

    I would recommend you go see a periodontist in your town. They are gum specialists and can go over all of the options with you. You seem concerned to have asked 3 questions about this already. Get in to see them. Also, start using a soft brissled tooth brush and stay away from abrasive foods. I hope this helps!