Best Toothpaste for Receding Gums
Receding gums are a telltale sign that you have some form of oral problem. At the same time, this recession is a problem in itself, as it can cause permanent damage to your gums, teeth, and other oral structures if left unchecked. There are multiple factors that cause your gums to recede. Fortunately, there are multiple remedies available for treating gum recession. One way to do it is to find the right toothpaste.
So how can you find the best toothpaste for receding gums? Here are some things you must check out.
1. Antibacterial properties – This is one essential function your toothpaste must have to combat receding gums. One of the most important causes of gum erosion is the presence of bacteria inside your mouth. Your toothpaste should have antibacterial properties to flush out those microbes. Using antibacterial toothpaste in combination with improved brushing habits can halt the progression of gum recession.
2. Ability to break down biofilms – Your toothpaste should have the ability to break down biofilms. For those who don’t know, some forms of oral bacteria can form biofilms in your teeth, gums, and other parts of your oral cavity. Aside from serving as their home, these films can provide protection against antibacterial elements. Getting toothpaste with ingredients that break down biofilms such as plaque and tartar is essential for optimal oral health.
3. Good for sensitive teeth – Tooth sensitivity is a real problem for most people. This can be worsened by gums that are not in its optimal state. Your toothpaste should contain ingredients that do not cause further damage to your teeth and gums. At the same time, it should also contain ingredients that provide protection for teeth that are already sensitive.
4. No harmful ingredients – Some components found in toothpaste can actually worsen a pre-existing oral health condition. As such, you should steer clear from toothpastes that contain such ingredients. Ingredients considered to be harmful include fluoride, alcohol, sodium lauryl sulfate, and glycerin.
5. Provides other oral health benefits – There are other toothpastes for receding gums that contain other benefits for optimal oral health. Some of these toothbrushes provide deep cleaning for better tooth whitening, while others contain natural ingredients that help in freshening breath.
The best toothpaste for receding gums can help bring back your gums to full health. Take your time in searching for the best toothpaste for your needs. You can also consult your dentist for their recommendations.